CSN is going to lunch “Community Infrastructure Rehabilitation and Livelihood Improvement activities under Livelihood Recovery Programme (CILRP)” from 1st September 2017, in Panchakanya Rural Municipality of Nuwakot district supported by UNDP.
Output, Key Activities, Beneficiaries
- Productive community infrastructure restored and reconstructed
- Reconstruction of community infrastructures such as
- Transport rural/agriculture road, trial bridges, foot trails
- Agriculture/Irrigation: canals, gabions, slope stabilization, chilling centers
- Market centers/supply chain: collection and storage centers, market
- Electricity and energy source: Micro hydro power, solar system, biogas,
- cooking sources
- Drinking Water: water pipes, reservoirs, ponds, wells
- Community buildings: cooperatives, mothers group, community centers
The project beneficiaries will be:
- Users group of the same community infrastructure
- Women headed household within the users group
- Local individuals from the same community
- Co operatives of programme area
(September 2017 to December 2017)
Productive livelihoods refer:
Transport – Rural roads, Agriculture roads, Trail bridges, foot trails
Agriculture – Small irrigation, chilling centers, collection centers, Market facilities
Energy –Micro hydro, solar system, biogas, cooking sources
Drinking Water– drinking water pipes, reservoirs, ponds, wells, rainwater harvesting
Community buildings – cooperatives, mothers group, community awareness centers, community radio.
Role of CSN
- Identification of infrastructure for reconstruction and rehabilitation.
- Mobilize community user’s group and local actors/stakeholders from the community to provide technical advice and support to the communities on rehabilitating community infrastructure.
- Implementation of rebuild damaged critical community infrastructure that will directly support to livelihood of affected community.
- Repair prioritized community infrastructure facilities with community engagement.
- Provide skill based training that will help for livelihood improvement of affected community.
- Provide temporary employment, immediate income for livelihoods needs and survival to stabilize early recovery needs.
- Provide technical and financial support/guidance in productive infrastructure like
Irrigation canals, water supply systems, storage facilities, common facility center for small business, micro hydro etc.